NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a Police and Crime Commissioner for the Gloucestershire Police Area
1. An election is to be held for one Police and Crime Commissioner for the Gloucestershire Police Area.
2. Nomination papers can be obtained from the office of the Police Area Returning Officer, Council
Offices, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Police Area Returning Officer at Council Offices, Ebley
Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB between 10am and 4pm on any working day after publication of
this notice but no later than 4pm on Thursday, 7 April 2016.
4. The £5,000 deposit for each candidate can be paid by legal tender or by means of a banker’s draft from
a drawer which carries on business as a banker in the United Kingdom or by electronic transfer (further
details are available by contacting 01453 754887).
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 5 May 2016.
6. Applications to register to vote must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on
Monday 18 April 2016. Applications can also be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the relevant Electoral
Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 19 April 2016.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by
5pm on Tuesday, 26 April 2016.
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for
work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday, 5
May 2016. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday, 26 April 2016. To apply
on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling
station in person after 5pm on Tuesday, 26 April 2016.
Electoral Registration Officer contact details
Voting area Address Contact details
Cheltenham Electoral Services, Municipal Offices,
Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 9SA
Cotswold Electoral Services, Council Offices, Trinity
Road, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1PX
Forest of Dean Electoral Services, Council Offices
High Street, Coleford, Glos, GL16 8HG
Gloucester Electoral Services
Herbert Warehouse, The
Docks, Gloucester, GL1 2EQ
Stroud Electoral Services, Council Offices, Ebley
Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB
Tewkesbury Electoral Services
Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, Glos,
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Wednesday, 30 March 2016
Police Area Returning Officer