What will it be used for?
This is where you get your say, suggestions include ……..
- Home for a second defibrillator (will require funding).
- Art & Photographic Gallery, featuring postcard sized prints from village artists (and we have quite a few), we could include an ordering system through the village website, revenue and encouragement for the artist and a small commission on sales would help keep the box in A1 condition.
- Book Swap, Seed swap.
- Sponsored free walking maps, funded by local businesses and printed with their contact details and services.
CLICK HERE to make your suggestion
How is it funded?
- Once restored, it will not cost much to maintain, especially if the restoration is at a high level and we keep the box clean and tidy.
- We already have a four figure contribution towards the restoration. Click Here for latest update
- Further pledges have already been proffered to top up the restoration fund.
- There are obvious revenue opportunities from commissions and sponsorship.
- We have struck a deal where BT will continue to pay for power for the lighting and provide the paint.
- Fund Raisers, perhaps once a year we should have a family village picnic and convert the phone box into the smallest pub in the world for a day, obviously name ‘the Dog and Bone’
And of course and unashamedly we invite you to become a Friend-of-the-Phone and make a small, make that a large contribution that reflects your pride in the village.
Please CLICK HERE to make a pledge.
How can I help?
- Forgive the tart in me but let’s start with CLICK HERE to make a pledge.
- We are also looking for volunteers to join a roster to clean and tidy the box on a regular basis after restoration.
- We want to build a small group of tradesmen to attend to repairs and maintenance as required, post restoration.
- We’ll need a joiner to fit out the inside to meet the needs of its chosen use(s). Think of it as a showcase for your work, we’ll give you full credit.
- Become a Friend-of-the-Phone. Becoming a Friend-of-the-Phone comes at no cost or involvement, contributions whether cash or energy are entirely optional.
So what now?
CLICK HERE to become a Friend-of-the-Phone