Colin and Annabell Campbell have been very generous in allowing villagers and school children to use their tennis court at Hawks Rise on an ad-hoc basis for several years. They have recently renovated the court and have kindly offered its use to villagers wishing to form an informal village tennis club.
The current proposal is as follows:
- There would be an annual joining fee of £20 per adult and a £2.00 per adult charge for each visit.
- Children under 16 can play for free, but they must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.
- The court is generally available from 9.30 am until dusk / 9.00pm whichever is earlier.
- Users must respect the property and privacy of Colin and Annabell and the tenants of their cottage, and use the tennis court properly.
- Access to the court is through the gates to Hawks Rise and up the left side of the garage building, following the path up and to the left to the court.
- The court is used entirely at the players own risk.
Colin and Annabell have set up an internet booking site to enable members to reserve the court and to indicate when the court is not available, eg family use or when they or their tenants are using the upper garden and terrace
If there is enough interest we may be able to run a ‘club night’ one evening through the summer months.